True Light Girls College
PH tops HK Open Memory Tilt
THE Philippines topped the first Hong Kong Open Memory Championships at the True Light Girls College in Hong Kong last September 28-29.
A 20-member Philippine team got a total score of 15,198 in the event, beating representatives from Mongolia, Hong Kong, Japan, China, Indonesia and India.
“The First Hong Kong Open Memory Championships included events, such as names and faces, random numbers, speed numbers, playing cards, spoken numbers, binary numbers, abstract images, historic/future dates, random words and speed cards,” the Department of Foreign Affairs said.
In a news release, the DFA said Mark Anthony Castañeda won the gold with a high score of 5,239.
Erwin Balines won a silver while Johann Randal Abrina won a bronze in the event, it added.
The DFA said the Hong Kong Memory Championships was founded by the Hong Kong Memory Sports Council and is sanctioned by the World Memory Sports Council.
“Memory sport is for everyone. It has become popular among Western countries for some time and is rapidly gaining popularity in Southeast Asia where more people are aspiring to become mental athletes,” the DFA said. #OpinYon #Foreign #Philippines
- Filipino workers not pawns in HK demand for apology – DFA spokesman (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- What Hong Kong needs to become a kick-ass destination? (fromasiawithlife.wordpress.com)
- Hong Kong could switch to yuan and dump US dollar (endtimeheadlines.wordpress.com)
- HK amenable to ‘put behind’ hostage-taking issue (manilastandardtoday.com)
- Mobile Activities in the Hong Kong Metro: Texting, Playing, Videos (mobilesociety.typepad.com)
- PCCW, I-Cable Win Free Television Licenses in Hong Kong – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- De Lima denies HK trip rumor (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Chinabound: Shenzhen (sonjamarlene.com)
- HK journalists evicted from APEC (justanotherhker.wordpress.com)
- DFA protests call to bar Filipino workers from Hong Kong (globalnation.inquirer.net)