BCDA President and CEO: ARNEL PACIANO D. CASANOVA, ESQ. “Top Caliber Executive”
THE name alone grabs attention, but it is the story of Arnel Paciano D. Casanova that is more enthralling.
The current President and Chief Executive Officer of the Bases Conversion Development Authority (BCDA)—the Government-Owned and-Controlled Corporation mandated to transform former US military bases into alternative productive civilian use—Casanova has a demeanor that radiates authority and a simplicity that reveals his humble roots as a farmer’s son who grew up in Batangas province.
From his modest origins, Casanova sent himself through school through scholarships and by working odd jobs which include being a farm hand, baker, ice cream peddler, fast-food restaurant helper, English tutor, and researcher.
At the University of the Philippines, he earned degrees in Law, English Studies, and Urban Planning. The proof of his brilliance is a Master’s degree in Public Administration—with concentration on finance and leadership—from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.
Starting from the bottom of the ladder, Casanova’s his rise to the top is phenomenal, a classic rags-to-riches tale but nevertheless a story uniquely his own.
“One of my greatest accomplishments is that my family has been lifted from poverty. Our life is very different now,” Casanova said in a newspaper interview last year. #OpinYon #BCDA #Feature
cont | http://bit.ly/1f3EeCZ
- Casanova: from seminarian to city builder (manilastandardtoday.com)
- BCDA sees minimal loss after closure of SCTEx (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Only light vehicles allowed on SCTex bridge (manilastandardtoday.com)
- BCDA to bid out lots along SCTEX (rappler.com)
- BCDA’s growing land bank; Stradcom’s P4-b collectibles (manilastandardtoday.com)
- Govt to build Bailey bridge along damaged SCTEX section (rappler.com)
- DoJ junks 50 malversation cases filed by BCDA head vs 12 CJHDevCo execs (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- SCTEx Clark-Porac side to reopen Tuesday (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Kristel’s legacy (opinion.inquirer.net)
- BCDA to bid out prime property in Taguig (rappler.com)