by: Boy Villasanta
ANOTHER triumph of the local entertainment industry’s fight against immorality of the pork barrel was the presence of many singers and performers at last Wednesday’s “EDSA Tayo” rally at the Shrine of the Virgin Mary, but many would argue that the musicians and artists who attended the mass action weren’t popular.
As long as they understood what they were there for. Obviously, they all knew the reason behind their participation.
One of ABS-CBN’s singers, Daryl, in the franchised talent search “The Voice of the Philippines” was voluntarily conspicuous in the protest action.
He sang a line or two I interviewed him and his music was very personal yet engaging in some social concerns.
“I want my music to be a channel of social consciousness,” he told me.
Although he was already out of the competition, the remaining hopefuls being coached by internationally and locally admired recording artists Lea Salonga, apl.de.ap (Allan Pineda Lindo of Black-Eyed Peas), Bamboo Manalac and Sarah Geronimo, Daryl is still being managed, according to him, by Star Network.#OpinYon #ePlus
full column | http://bit.ly/18wF2cq
- [Voice PHL] Goodbye, everybody, they’ve got to go (rappler.com)
- See the latest photos of Sarah Geronimo in Kakao Talk (filipinocelebrity.wordpress.com)
- Lea Salonga and Patti Austin’s duet becomes hot topic in social media (examiner.com)
- Sarah Geronimo’s gets real in new album (manilastandardtoday.com)
- Galactic night of fun and excitement (manilastandardtoday.com)
- They’ve only just begun (rappler.com)
- ‘Voice PHL’: War almost over (rappler.com)
- Sarah Geronimo shows off her very beautiful legs (filipinocelebrity.wordpress.com)
- Celebrities are supporting Sarah Geronimo in the 2013 MTV Europe Music Award (filipinomovie.wordpress.com)
- Sarah Geronimo’s legs enter Twitter trend (examiner.com)