BEFORE shifting to foreign service, WILHELM Maximillian Donko—Austrian Ambassador to the Philippines—was a writer and journalist by profession.
Born in Scharding, Linz, Donko worked as a free-lance journalist in the 1980s writing mainly about US naval issues. And even after joining the Austrian diplomatic service in 1990, Donko never lost his love for writing.
Coming to Manila in 2009 from his first posting as ambassador in Korea, Donko is the author of two books: “An Austrian View of the Philippines 1858” (published in 2011 by e-publi GmbH—Verlasgruppe Holtzbrink, Berlin) and “A Brief History of the Austrian Navy” (published in 2012).
In his first book, Donko brings to light the chronicles of the frigate Novara, the first Austrian warship to make a port call in the Philippines. Basically, a scientific mission, Norvara had renowned Austrian scholars and artist Josef Selleny who chronicled the mission by through paintings sketches, drawings and aquarelles. #OpinYon #Austria #Foreign #Arts #Literature
read cont | http://bit.ly/1hyrHpJ
- Swiss Ambassador to the Philippines Ivo Sieber: IN LOVE WITH THE PHILIPPINES (opinyon2010.wordpress.com)
- LIVE: #ProudOfMyAge ambassador launch (rappler.com)
- Wilhelm Sasnal (Polish painters series) (mapart.me)
- Torrential rains shut down Philippine capital (bigstory.ap.org)
- Nearly 100 Philippine rebels killed or captured (bigstory.ap.org)
- Carrera Sunglasses Are For Men With Passion (trendeyewear.wordpress.com)
- Kansas City Chiefs’ Fans No Longer Losing Sleep Over Manning Brothers (rantsports.com)
- Ferry sinks after collision in Philippine port (bigstory.ap.org)
- Shopping, dining more fun in PH (manilastandardtoday.com)
- Great War: Wilhelm’s Hat (squirrelspot.wordpress.com)
by: Boy Villasanta
I BECAME aware of the film title “Elysium” when I studied genre films at the 15thPuchon International Film Festival’s 4th Network of Asian Fantastic Film (NAFF) Fantastic Film School in Bucheon City in South Korea in 2011.
Interestingly, there was luncheon and pitching, rare privileges among world filmmakers to socialize and sell their idea concepts and storylines to international investors, producers and marketers apart from local Korean stakeholders for filming.
There was an exciting project that caught my attention inside one of the function rooms of Koryo Hotel where most of the project meetings were held.
I supposed the one talking before an enthusiastic multicultural audience was Nigel D’SA, the producer and actor (of the award-winning Korean-Hindu film “From Seoul to Varanasi”), who was born in London, raised in Canada and now lives in Korea. #OpinYon #ePlus #Elysium
read cont | http://bit.ly/1fHEIS9
- Hometown (stupidhye5419.wordpress.com)
- Bucket List: 5 Fantastic Places to Visit in Korea (travel-stained.com)
- US aircraft carrier conducts military drills with S Korea, Japan (wantchinatimes.com)
- Korean Democracy at a Crossroads (isckoreamedia.wordpress.com)
- South Korea Warns North With Biggest Military Parade in Decade (bloomberg.com)
- The Cine Files in South Korea: We do it all for you! (blogs.montrealgazette.com)
- Five Taiwanese films to play at South Korean film festival (wantchinatimes.com)
- South Korea parades cruise missiles (bbc.co.uk)
- US, South Korea Agree on Expanded Nuclear Deterrence (voanews.com)
- Mother Figures: Filipino matriarchs in new local films (opinyon2010.wordpress.com)