Hainanese chicken rice
by: Ramon M. Borromeo
MY wife and I received a last minute invitation from our dining partners to join them at what is practically a hole-in-the-wall restaurant called Happi Hen on Aguirre Avenue in BF Homes Paranaque. I forget the corner street it is on but it is right beside Panaderia Pantoja.
When we got there rather late, thanks to traffic, our hosts and their granddaughter had already ordered ahead. Since we tend to eat a lot more collectively, my wife and I ordered an additional order each of what was already on hand.
On hand was the house specialty, Hainanese Chicken (a whole quarter for P130.00), which is a complete meal in itself. Hainanese Chicken is simply simmered in initially boiling water with salt and ginger for a little less than 30 minutes. Thereafter the chicken is removed and plunged in ice water until it is no longer hot. Around 12 to 15 minutes should be adequate time. The chicken is then removed and hung to drip dry. Later on, the chicken is to be served at room temperature with hot flavoured rice and soup. #OpinYon #Living #food
read cont | http://bit.ly/19CJHuB
- hainanese chicken rice at the montien (foodiejoanie.wordpress.com)
- Malasyian supper (bernicechung.wordpress.com)
- Hainanese Chicken rice with Ziamese Pandan tea (ceffood.wordpress.com)
- Hainanese Chicken Rice (culinaryfashion.wordpress.com)
- Baba’s at hu’u Bar: Baba’s Nasi Ayam Singapura (babaliciousblog.wordpress.com)
- Food:Chicken Rice (danieljuniorlee.wordpress.com)
- Baba says, you can never have too many choices: Baba’s Nasi Ayam Singapura (babaslicious.com)
- Hainanese Chicken Rice – Chef Saimon Recipe (chefsaimon.wordpress.com)
- In Search of the Best Hainanese Chicken Rice…. (redpointing.wordpress.com)
- Baba says, you can never have too many choices… (babaslicious.com)