Engracia Cruz Reyes
Francisco “Frank” Reyes : The King of the Grill
FRANCISCO “Frank” Reyes belongs to a huge family and his culinary roots span more than 140 years.
The grandson of the founder of the famous The Aristocrat restaurant, Reyes has 70 first cousins—but he is the only one in the clan to go into the barbecue business with the opening of Reyes Barbecue in 2002.
Frank’s maternal great grandmother was Luisa Gracia Cruz, who was born in the 1870’s in Navotas, Rizal. Luisa, though unschooled, was a highly-skilled cook who ran a small carinderia in front of their house.
Her specialty, kare-kare—a meat and vegetable stew with a peanut-based sauce—was so delicious, it earned her the nickname “Luisang Kari” in their neighborhood.
Luisa passed on her talents, skills and taste buds to her daughter, Engracia Cruz Reyes, who eventually became the pioneer restaurateur of the Phillipines, and the founder (in 1936) of one of the longest surviving restaurant in the counrty–The Aristocrat. #OpinYon #Business #ReyesBBQ Reyes Barbecue
read cont | http://bit.ly/19Uo60W
- The Dykes of Kare-Kare (therockcrusher.wordpress.com)
- Lola Cafe + Bar (99 Sct Lozano St., South Triangle, Quezon City) (happyfoodtrippers.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Pipian (burntlumpia.typepad.com)
- On The Go (yapaidiok.wordpress.com)
- Happy Birthday Rob! (mbnicolas26.wordpress.com)
- U-Kare (dktindia.wordpress.com)
- Announcing the Interactive Serious Eats Guide to Barbecue Styles! (seriouseats.com)
- Happy BirthDay Rebecca Doctor!! 🙂 (graciousdes1r3.wordpress.com)
- Susan Kare (joe914.wordpress.com)
- Taguig: Aracama Restaurant (foodtrip.asia)