Japan Commits PHP215 Million ODA Providing “Next-Generation Vehicle Package”
Japanese Ambassador Toshinao Urabe and Secretary of Foreign Affairs Albert F. Del Rosario exchanged notes for the “Non-Project Grant Aid (Next-Generation Vehicle Package)” amounting to 500 million yen (approximately 215 million pesos) on March12, 2014.
The “Non-Project Grant Aid (Next-Generation Vehicle Package)” aims to contribute to the reduction of environmental pollution in the Philippines caused by greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. The products to be provided under this project will be decided in accordance with the Philippine Government’s requests. Specifically, the project is intended to provide eco-friendly products that will promote the development of the Philippines through making use of Japanese technology such as hybrid vehicle (HV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), electric vehicle (EV) and clean diesel vehicle (CD).
Projects under the Non-Project Grant Aid (NPGA) seek to assist developing countries in responding to different economic and social needs. The NPGA offers foreign currency funding for importation of goods such as industrial materials that will address a specific concern of a developing country. The objectives of these projects are in line with the concept of “Inclusive Growth” stated in the Philippine Development Plan 2011-2016, as well as the concept of “Human Security” being advocated by the Japanese Government. Projects such as this serve as a continuing testimony of strategic partnership between Japan and the Philippines.
PH tops HK Open Memory Tilt
THE Philippines topped the first Hong Kong Open Memory Championships at the True Light Girls College in Hong Kong last September 28-29.
A 20-member Philippine team got a total score of 15,198 in the event, beating representatives from Mongolia, Hong Kong, Japan, China, Indonesia and India.
“The First Hong Kong Open Memory Championships included events, such as names and faces, random numbers, speed numbers, playing cards, spoken numbers, binary numbers, abstract images, historic/future dates, random words and speed cards,” the Department of Foreign Affairs said.
In a news release, the DFA said Mark Anthony Castañeda won the gold with a high score of 5,239.
Erwin Balines won a silver while Johann Randal Abrina won a bronze in the event, it added.
The DFA said the Hong Kong Memory Championships was founded by the Hong Kong Memory Sports Council and is sanctioned by the World Memory Sports Council.
“Memory sport is for everyone. It has become popular among Western countries for some time and is rapidly gaining popularity in Southeast Asia where more people are aspiring to become mental athletes,” the DFA said. #OpinYon #Foreign #Philippines
- Filipino workers not pawns in HK demand for apology – DFA spokesman (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- What Hong Kong needs to become a kick-ass destination? (fromasiawithlife.wordpress.com)
- Hong Kong could switch to yuan and dump US dollar (endtimeheadlines.wordpress.com)
- HK amenable to ‘put behind’ hostage-taking issue (manilastandardtoday.com)
- Mobile Activities in the Hong Kong Metro: Texting, Playing, Videos (mobilesociety.typepad.com)
- PCCW, I-Cable Win Free Television Licenses in Hong Kong – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- De Lima denies HK trip rumor (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Chinabound: Shenzhen (sonjamarlene.com)
- HK journalists evicted from APEC (justanotherhker.wordpress.com)
- DFA protests call to bar Filipino workers from Hong Kong (globalnation.inquirer.net)
Pinoy Leader in Hawaii Gets ‘Equal Opportunity’ Award
A FILIPINO community leader in Hawaii has been awarded for his outstanding accomplishments in the field of equal opportunity, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) announced on Friday.
Dr. Serafin “Jun” Colmenares, executive director of the Hawaii State Office of Language Access (OLA), received the 2013 William J. Harris Equal Opportunity Award last September 19, the DFA said in a statement.
The DFA described Colmenares as “a prominent and active leader of the Filipino community in Hawaii. He received the award during the 77th Annual Conference of the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) in Denver, Colorado. #OpinYon #Pinoy #Foreign
read cont | http://bit.ly/1bTE9Qd
- DFA will assist Filipina elderly allegedly mistreated in Seattle airport (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- For passport needs, DFA opens Alabang office (rappler.com)
- BI to DFA: Watch out for passports with Napoles, brother look-alikes (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Why 3,300 Pinoys refuse to leave Syria (rappler.com)
- DFA memory bandwidth (cs.stackexchange.com)
- Filipino nurse in Riyadh dies from lethal respiratory disease (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- Hawaii community council to host entrepreneurship seminars – Inquirer.net (prgnewshawaii.com)
- Saudi Arabia: A few more details on the Filipina MERS cases (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- Aquino to visit South Korea in October (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- No Filipino hurt or killed in fresh clashes in Egypt (globalnation.inquirer.net)