by: Ronald Roy
NO, dear Reader, there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that the festering decades-old Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) problem is virtually terminated. Do not believe the wild yarn that the Palace and the MNLF will soon officially announce details of a forthcoming exchange of nuptial vows between Pres. Benigno S. Aquino lll and the renegade MNLF founder and chairman, Nur Misuari.
I do not know who started the scuttlebutt, but if we are to believe a usually reliable Palace insider, the President’s protracted stay in war-torn Zamboanga is not an amorous rendezvous with Misuari, but an imperative to end the raging conflict in his capacity as the country’s President and Commander-in-Chief. “The buck stops where I stand, and I assume total responsibility”, he declared before the nation.
On the other hand, let’s take a look at the mustachioed Nur Misuari (Misua, for short), who was born in a Sulu beach and grew up in that beach — which explains why he reportedly carries the swashbuckling nom de guerre “Anak ng dalampasigan” ( ala “Anak ni Palaris” and “The son of Zorro”). #OpinYon #opinion #Zambo
read cont | http://bit.ly/15Iedrj
- After raid, PH eyes new charges vs Misuari (rappler.com)
- Probe shows MNLF rebels started sneaking arms into Zamboanga in January (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Security exec: No intel failure on MNLF; gov’t just underestimated facts (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Zambo crisis: The fog of war (rappler.com)
- Nur dares govt to arrest him, file rebellion charges (manilastandardtoday.com)
- Habier Malik: Trapped in the city he seized (rappler.com)
- Zambo (1rgcruz.wordpress.com)
- PNoy leaves Zambo; says military action vs MNLF continues (mindanews.com)
- What Went Before: Nur Misuari-led attacks on Zamboanga City (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Evidence to link Misuari to siege found – police (manilastandardtoday.com)