The OpinYon Relief Ops is asking everyone to join us in helping our fellow Filipinos affected by Typhoon Yolanda in Leyte. You can send donations in either cash or kind (canned goods/old clothes/blankets/non-perishables) to Musikgarten Manila in Robinsons Galleria, EDSA corner Ortigas Avenue, or the OpinYon Editorial Office in San Pedro, Laguna. Please share this poster as much as you can so more people can help. Thank you very much! Let’s match our words with deeds.
- My Heart Bleeds For The Victims of Typhoon Yolanda (arlene1956.wordpress.com)
- Palompon City Ravaged by Typhoon Yolanda (+Video) (theepochtimes.com)
- Tacloban Takes Direct Hit from Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) (jacksaunsea.wordpress.com)
- Let us help victims of typhoon #YolandaPH (mokongperspektib.wordpress.com)
- Philippines Appeal for HELP. (icookonboard.wordpress.com)
- DPWH personnel displaced by ‘Yolanda’ go back to work for typhoon rehab (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Tanauan, Leyte: Unknown Number of Casualties, Massive Damage From Haiyan (theepochtimes.com)
- Unity Amidst Typhoon Yolanda’s Fury (filipinismo.wordpress.com)
- Ormoc City, Tolosa, Dulag: Power Outages, Damage in Leyte After Typhoon Yolanda Hits (theepochtimes.com)
- #YolandaPH (rowjie.wordpress.com)
by: Erick San Juan
PNAC—the Project for the New American Century was a neo-conservative think tank (1997 to 2006) that had strong ties to the American Enterprise Institute. PNAC’s web site said it was “established in the spring of 1997” as “a non-profit, educational organization whose goal is to promote American global leadership.” PNAC’s policy document, “Rebuilding America’s Defenses,” openly advocated for total global military domination.
The centerpiece of this operation clearly manifests the move to dominate sovereign nations by force through military intervention. And it was carried out successfully after the ‘terrorists attack’ in September 11, 2001. Since then, the pattern for regime change has been to help nations to unseat leaders who are anti-democracy. Such countries were categorized as part of the Axis of Evil, Rogue States and Arc of Crisis. #OpinYon #US
read cont | http://bit.ly/GN5qZn
- 9-11 – A Godsend for PNAC (onesquarelight.wordpress.com)
- War with Syria Would Fulfill Neoconservative Plan for Middle East Regime Change (newamericamedia.org)
- CBS’s Face the Nation: Blatant Pro-Israel Pro-War Bias Revealed (opednews.com)
- When You Tell The Truth- and They Call You Names… (dailypaul.com)
- 9/11: 12 years later, the truth remains buried (thefreedomagenda.wordpress.com)
- Narcissism, Voyeurism and Hubris: The Reality Programming Triumverate (aleksandreia.com)
- The leader of the free world: Obama or Putin? (english.pravda.ru)
- Daily WSOPE 3-Bet: Hellmuth 100, Doc Hubris, Danny Darko (pokerlistings.com)
- Global Trauma and Sustainability: Systems of power, control, individual and group culpability (rockeymoore.wordpress.com)
- Alan Watt on PNAC and Syria – the Agenda for the Middle East Was Published Before 9/11 (financearmageddon.blogspot.com)
[by Miguel Raymundo]
THE guessing game is on. Will PNoy finish his term?
The answer to that question is not a dare to impeach him, but also how deep the Filipinos are hurt by an incompetent and dishonest President.
“Impeach me!” President Benigno S. Aquino III dares the people.
Believing in “doctored” surveys, Aquino is confident—and deludes himself that the people love him and his family so much that they can empty with impunity this poor country’s coffers and that still more Filipinos will keep them on the pedestal.
He is likely to lose this dare as the middle class has taken to the streets and is now leading the march to stamp out corruption in government and bring behind bars those who have stolen people’s money. #OpinYon #PNoy #Incompetent #Dishonest#Philippines
read cont | http://bit.ly/15UPQqq
- Sins of Cory (opinyon2010.wordpress.com)
- Aquino dare smacks of political arrogance – militants (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- PH ups penalties for animal cruelty amid ‘crush video’ fury (rappler.com)
- HK newsmen heckle PNoy; axed at APEC (manilastandardtoday.com)
- Aquino warned to heed call to scrap ‘pork’ or face ‘point of no return’ (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Aquino, other gov’t execs in plunder raps (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Rappler Newscast | October 2, 2013 (rappler.com)
- Filipino troops retake 70% of rebel-held villages (bigstory.ap.org)
- PNoy rules out second term even if Charter allows it (manilastandardtoday.com)
- PNoy dares critics: Impeach me (rappler.com)
by: Erick San Juan
A LITTLE over a year now, Russia hosted the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum in its Pacific port of Vladivostok. Back then. Russian President Vladimir Putin signaled that Moscow’s interest in Asia was rising as the traditional market for its energy and raw materials—the euro zone–wallowed in crisis and stagnation. And After America’s much-ballyhooed “pivot to Asia,” it is now Russia’s turn. (Source: Russia’s Pivot to Asia? by Ariel Cohen, Ph.D.)
Why not, given the following statistics, can Russia rebalance the two ‘superpowers’ in the Asia-Pacific region–United States and China. To wit: Russia produces more oil and natural gas than anyone else on the planet and because of this Russia is the number two oil exporter in the world and supplies 34 percent of Europe’s natural gas needs.
read cont | http://bit.ly/1dNlkyF
- 100 million dollar trip to Africa is not enough. The Obama’s head to Asia for Vacation. (gopthedailydose.com)
- TheObamaCrat™ Wake-Up Call: Monday The 30th Of September. (theobamacrat.com)
- $100 Million Octoberfest — Obama’s planning week-long trip to Indonesia, Brunei, Malaysia and the Philippines… (redflagnews.com)
- PM to attend APEC and the East Asia Summit (pacific.scoop.co.nz)
- Putin to participate in APEC summit (indrus.in)
- China calls on APEC to promote FTA integration (nzweek.com)
- PM to attend APEC and the East Asia Summit (national.org.nz)
- LET US EAT CAKE?? – Obama Vacation to Asia covered in political spin ‘to increase U.S. political engagement’ (newsninja2012.com)
- Russia’s Strategic Choices In The Asia Pacific – Analysis (eurasiareview.com)
- Xi to address APEC summit on China’s reform (sierraexpressmedia.com)
By Miguel Raymundo
PRESIDENT Aquino’s choice to stay in the Zamboanga war zone and away from Malacañang is taking a toll on his Presidency.
With much of Zamboanga’s commercial and business facilities shut down because of continued fighting between government forces and Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) rebels, the President is unable to attend to other issues of import that require his immediate attention.
Away from the public eye since Sept. 14 when he left the Palace for Zamboanga City, many are wondering what the President is doing there and who’s running the government’s affairs while he is away.
Is the President still in control? Has he gone AWOL to escape public censure over the P10-billion pork barrel scandal? Is he just sitting around playing his video games—content to sit in the sidelines while the lives and livelihood of the people of Zamboanga lie in the balance?
read cont | http://bit.ly/15srVOR
- Schools reopen in Zamboanga (channelnewsasia.com)
- Classes resume in 149 schools in Zamboanga City (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- PNoy: Zambo standoff ‘getting closer to an end’ (mindanews.com)
- Financing Misuari (opinion.inquirer.net)
- Truce talks fail (manilastandardtoday.com)
- Aquino in Zamboanga for 5 days: No newspapers to read, no stand on key issues (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- P3.89B to rebuild Zamboanga City, says Aquino (rappler.com)
- President on top of things from Zamboanga – Coloma (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Zamboanga City: The Death of Army 2nd Lt. Meneses (5secondsofsummerfacts.wordpress.com)
- Malacañang condemns Zamboanga City attack (rappler.com)
By Herman Tiu-Laurel
IN AUGUST of 2012 at the height of peace talks between the GRP (Government of the Republic of the Philippines) and the MILF (Moro Islamic Liberation Front), the two negotiating parties belittled the possibility that the forces of Nur Misuari and the MNLF (Moro National Liberation Front) and Amerail Umbra Kato’s BIFF (Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters) could derail the talks.
The convulsions the past week in Mindanao shows the folly of the government and MILF’s presumptuous disregard for the other stakeholders in Mindanao’s future. Then chief GRP negotiator and now Supreme Court Justice Marvic Leonen said, “As far as Nur forces, it is nothing we are too bothered about.”
On August 12, 2013 MNLF founding Chairman Nur Misuari declared the establishment of the United Federated States of Bangsamoro Republik in in his Sulu stronghold, envisioning a territory consisting of Mindanao, Basilan, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi, Palawan, and Sabah. This declaration came amidst the final stages of peace negotiations between the GRP and MILF to set up the Bangsamoro Political Entity that will replace the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) that became part of the 1987 Philippine Constitution and created by law through Republic Act No. 6734 known as the ARMM Organic Act.
continuation | http://bit.ly/1a2XwES
- Is the Moro Problem really over? Part II of Two Series (mussol22.wordpress.com)
- Misuari still in Sulu, says ARMM gov (rappler.com)
- Misuari, myths and the MNLF (rappler.com)
- Philippines Struggles With Muslim Rebels (ipsnews.net)
- Habier Malik: Trapped in the city he seized (rappler.com)
- Nightfall comes to Moro armed separatism (opinion.inquirer.net)
- OIC steps in; Misuari loses Kiram (manilastandardtoday.com)
- UPDATE: 200 civilians held hostage in Zamboanga City standoff; 6 killed, 24 wounded (mindanews.com)
- Betraying the Moro cause (dinmerican.wordpress.com)
- A BOHOLANO’S VIEW: Nur Misuari’s Challenge to the Bangsamoro Peace Process (mindanews.com)
DIPLOMATS are—usually—strict about time. When they don’t arrive in time for their appointments, they come early.
This is literally the case of Yohanes Kristiarto Soeryo Legowo, Indonesia’s Ambassador to the Philippines. Born on the 27th of December in 1962, about a week earlier than his mother’s due date, you could say that it is in his providence to become an ambassador.
Known as Kris to fellow diplomats, friends and associates—his arrival to the family came as a big relief (hence the name Legowo—meaning “big relief” in Javanese). His mother fainted and fell while in church two days before he was born and the accident required stitches on her neck and triggered the contractions.
The youngest in a brood of 10, Legowo became the hands-down favorite in the family.
“I could not deny that everybody was always trying to spoil me.… But doesn’t make me a spoiled child,” Legowo said in a magazine interview last year. But while he has had his share of being pinched in the ear for being naughty, he admitted that he did not really enjoy the overprotectiveness of his parents, brothers and sisters. “But in the end, I put it in a very positive perspective. They did it because they love me,” he said.
His father, Soeryo, was a teacher who imparted to them the value of education. So despite the bouts of teenage rebellion and other misbehaviors—Legowo grew up a decent young man.
“All the values of life I learned it from the family. My father taught us how to pursue dream,” Kris said. “But he always emphasized also that the way we pursue our dream is also important…being Christian, process is very important.” #OpinYon#Indonesia #Foreign
cont | http://bit.ly/17IqauD
- MNLF seeks int’l mediation on 3rd day of standoff (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- PH seeks Indonesia’s help in Zamboanga conflict (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- Land for rice plan (fijitimes.com)
- Knowledge Indonesia Excursions (travelingtwoindonesia.wordpress.com)
- Indonesia, South Korea Celebrate 40 Years (thejakartaglobe.com)
- A language that built a nation (thehindu.com)
- Peace talks to go on as Indonesia, US air support (manilastandardtoday.com)
- First in Asia: Philippine bananas to be sold in US (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- Indonesia from two perspectives (matadornetwork.com)
by: Mentong Tiu Laurel
THE website 9/11Review.com provides us a historical summary of U.S. “False Flag” operations. As Wiki defines: “False flag operations are covert operations which are designed to deceive the public in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities. The name is derived from the military concept of flying false colors; that is, flying the flag of a country other than one’s own.” #OpinYon #Syria
continue here: http://bit.ly/16gxVIn
- Syria: Former CIA Analyst predicts another False Flag Attack (syrianews.cc)
- URGENT: False Flag Involving Israel to Implicate Syria in the Works Says RT (activistpost.com)
- False-flag meme goes viral on 9/11 anniversary (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- URGENT: False Flag Involving Israel to Implicate Syria in the Works Says RT (ufohunterorguk.com)
- Pat Buchanan: Chemical Attack ‘Reeks Of False Flag Operation’ (storyleak.com)
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Israel’s Use of False Flags in Global Terrorism (americanfreepress.net)
- Syria is a False Flag. Alex Seitz-Wald is a third-rate hack! (bperet.wordpress.com)
- Pat Buchanan: Chemical Attack ‘Reeks Of False Flag Operation’ (cglanz.wordpress.com)
- Intelligence insider speaks on the record about false flags & government lies (homelandsecurityus.com)
- Pat Buchanan: Syria Chemical Weapons Attack ‘Reeks of False Flag Operation’ (mediaite.com)