by: Dr. Joseph D. Lim
THE gum is more important than we think.
This is because, contrary to popular belief, it’s not tooth decay that is the major cause of tooth loss – it’s gum disease. About eight out of 10 American adults, for example, have some form of gum disease.
One gum disease, gingivitis, is caused by toxins from the bacteria that accumulate in the plaque that turns into yellow-colored tartar. The bacteria attack the bones beneath the gums. As a result, an unhealthy gum starts to lose teeth.
The symptoms of gingivitis include swollen, red gums, bad breath, bleeding and sore gums when brushing. When the gums are swollen, red, tender or bleed easily and the teeth looses, see the dentist as soon as possible.
Left untreated, the supporting bone may dissolve, and when this happens, your teeth may fall out.
Dentists recommend special attention when brushing to where the teeth meet the gums and along the gum line and the tongue and hard-to-reach areas such as the backs of the teeth. To reach small gaps, use dental floss. #OpinYon #Health
read cont | http://bit.ly/H0RtrS
- Gum Disease Treatment is Now Available Using Laser Gum Surgery in… (prweb.com)
- Gums Are Just as Important as Your Teeth (opinyon2010.wordpress.com)
- Gingivitis (flawlessdentistrynewton.wordpress.com)
- For National Dental Hygiene Month we help answer the question, Is it necessary to floss? (kfor.com)
- Deerfield Beach Periodontist Present Treatment for Gum Disease (periodontistbocaraton.wordpress.com)
- Kyle Leon – Women’s health program in the age of 50 + (kyleleonxcam.wordpress.com)
- You Can Learn How To Protect Your Teeth With A San Clemente Dentist (allabouthealthandfitnessblog.wordpress.com)
- Fangs for the Memories: Toothy Treats for Halloween (dcparenting.wordpress.com)
- Laser Gum Surgery Improves Oral Health for Dental Implants in Lafayette, LA with Dr. James Finley of Finley Periodontics (prweb.com)
- Bone Loss from Gum Disease Can Now be Reversed with Laser Gum Surgery in Teaneck, NJ from Dr. Susan Goldfarb (prweb.com)