A FILIPINO community leader in Hawaii has been awarded for his outstanding accomplishments in the field of equal opportunity, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) announced on Friday.
Dr. Serafin “Jun” Colmenares, executive director of the Hawaii State Office of Language Access (OLA), received the 2013 William J. Harris Equal Opportunity Award last September 19, the DFA said in a statement.
The DFA described Colmenares as “a prominent and active leader of the Filipino community in Hawaii. He received the award during the 77th Annual Conference of the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) in Denver, Colorado. #OpinYon #Pinoy #Foreign
read cont | http://bit.ly/1bTE9Qd
- DFA will assist Filipina elderly allegedly mistreated in Seattle airport (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- For passport needs, DFA opens Alabang office (rappler.com)
- BI to DFA: Watch out for passports with Napoles, brother look-alikes (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Why 3,300 Pinoys refuse to leave Syria (rappler.com)
- DFA memory bandwidth (cs.stackexchange.com)
- Filipino nurse in Riyadh dies from lethal respiratory disease (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- Hawaii community council to host entrepreneurship seminars – Inquirer.net (prgnewshawaii.com)
- Saudi Arabia: A few more details on the Filipina MERS cases (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- Aquino to visit South Korea in October (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- No Filipino hurt or killed in fresh clashes in Egypt (globalnation.inquirer.net)