Gums Are Just as Important as Your Teeth
by: Dr. Joseph D. Lim
IF you are age 40 or over, chances are you will have gum disease.
While it is commonly experienced during middle age, gum recession actually starts during the teenage years.
When a tooth appears longer than normal or the spaces between teeth seem to grow, you are likely to have the malady.
Symptoms include teeth that are very sensitive to stimuli (hot or spicy food for example), visible roots of the tooth, notched tooth at the gum line, tooth dislocation and cavities below the gum line.
It is easy to prevent gum disease with simple habits like flossing and brushing, avoiding tobacco, eating properly and not piercing the lip or tongue.
Over-aggressive brushing that cause gum recession may be evaded with gentle brushing with a soft toothbrush.
Regular professional dental cleanings prevent plaque buildup that also causes gum recession. Scaling and root planning may be necessary to clean the teeth and heal the inflammation in the gums caused by tartar.
It is necessary to avoid gum disease because it leads to other serious ailments. #OpinYon #LifeStyle #Gums
read cont | http://bit.ly/1gmjy9R
- A Link Between Gum Disease and Alzheimer’s? (news.health.com)
- The New Gum Surgery Alternative in Madison, AL Treats Gum Disease and Improves Oral Health for Dental Implant Placement with Dr. John M. Lane (virtual-strategy.com)
- For National Dental Hygiene Month we help answer the question, Is it necessary to floss? (kfor.com)
- Getting a Grip on Gum Disease (bet.com)
- Gum Disease Treatment in Texas City, TX is Now Available Using Laser… (prweb.com)
- The complete lot That You Need To Know About Dental Care (dentalimplanttech.wordpress.com)
- Why should I do interdental cleaning? (standrewsdentalcare.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Oral Health Care Tips Video (thehealthandwellnesszone.com)
- Common oral problems you may face as you age (stonebridgedentalmckinney.wordpress.com)
- A Guide to Nighttime Oral Care (everydayhealth.com)
One thought on “Gums Are Just as Important as Your Teeth”
October 23, 2013 at 2:23 am
[…] Gums Are Just as Important as Your Teeth (opinyon2010.wordpress.com) […]